Wednesday, October 28, 2009

9 Days and Counting

WOW!!! Nine days until Ironman Florida. I can't believe we are in the single digits. I honestly don't have words to express how I'm feeling at this point. Nervous, excited, anxious, happy, proud..... This year has truly been a different training year emotionally for me since I am racing in memory of Mac. He was 12 years old when he died. My daughter, Lauren, is twelve years old and I cannot even begin to imagine the pain Maggie, Charlie, and Savannah feel. I think about him and talk to him often, especially during those long training days. I didn't even really know Mac when he was alive but I must say he was a beautiful child, both inside and out. God brought me into the Crutchfield family for a reason. I immediately bonded with Maggie when I met her and knew I was going to do something to help keep Mac's memory around forever. So here we go....Ironman Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment