Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The 130 Mile Bike, 3 Mile Run

On Sunday, our training consisted of a 130 mile bike followed by a three mile run. This was after a brutal week of training and one week after racing Ironman Augusta. Karen, Robin, and I expected this day to be hard but to our surprise this was one of the best 130 mile rides we have ever done. The three of us just kept saying, "I can't believe how good I feel." These kind of training days are always a blessing. However, there was one hiccup in our day. I crashed at mile 112, my first ever bike crash. I hit a small rock and lost total control of my bike. I went down a ditch, crashed in the woods, went over my bike and landed on my back. It definitely scared me but I think it scared Robin and Karen even more. I was told I looked like "Barbie on a bike rolling downhill crashing in the woods." I have lots of scrapes and bruises but no major injuries. I did finish the 130 miles and ran three miles off the bike. I think I landed in a "briar patch" because I look like I got in a fight with a cat. Besides the crash, it was one of my best bikes ever and best runs off the bike. I definitely feel it today. I'm very sore, scraped up, and bruised but I feel very blessed that I will recover. No doubt Mac was once again with us on this training ride.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you where ok!! That is so scary - to be in or even see a crash! Hope you guys are getting excited for IMFL! I know I am - and I'm not even racing!!

    ReplyDelete