Tuesday, October 13, 2009

15 Days To Go!!

WOW!! It hardly seems possible that we only have 15 days left until we stand on the beautiful white sand in Panama City Beach. It seems like just yesterday we were excitedly standing in line to sign up for the race. In some ways I'm ready to just be DONE but in other ways I'm not. Ironman is not just about the race, it's about the journey. The race is just the reward. I love training, I love long rides and long runs, and honestly, I hate long swims. I love being with the girls I train with everyday. So when I think about the weeks after Ironman, it kinda makes me sad. As much as I want it to end....I really don't. I can't remember what getting enough sleep feels like or not having to juggle my day to fit in my training, work, and Lauren's busy schedule. But somehow, I've made it work and I wouldn't trade this year of Ironman training for anything. It's been the best. We've never done back to back Ironman races but this could be the year. Looks like Robin, Karen, and I may be signing up for Ironman Florida 2010!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO! (But don't tell anyone)

No comments:

Post a Comment