Tuesday, November 3, 2009

PC BOUND

"For no particular reason I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going." Forrest Gump

It's funny how no matter what, time doesn't stop. It's hard to believe we are three days and a wake up away from Ironman Florida. Karen, Robin, and I are going to Panama City today so that we have plenty of time to focus on US and the race. No husbands, no kids, no responsibilites...only what WE want to do when we want to do it. We use this time to reflect on our year of training and friendship. I know I've mentioned how close we are as friends but this particular training year has brought us even closer. We have poured out our souls to each other. We are going into this race more prepared than ever. We feel strong.

I got an email from Maggie about how excited she is about the race. I think it is one more thing that helps keep her connected to Mac. She also said she has asked God to allow us to be strong mentally and physically and to allow Mac to be with us on race day. WOW! How powerful is that, how could we not have a perfect day? No matter how bad it hurts on race day (and it will hurt), I will just think of Maggie and Charlie and know my pain is nothing compared to thiers.

We are racing in our "IRONMAC" jerseys and everyone coming over to watch us has "Girls Gone Iron Support Crew" t-shirts with the IronMac logo. I'm really excited and nervous and can't wait to get to Panama City today.

No comments:

Post a Comment