Monday, September 21, 2009

PCB Training II

Robin, Karen, and I went to Panama City Beach on Saturday to ride the Ironman course for the second time. We had three great guys - Alan, Brett, and Brian - join us. We had some wind and it was very hot. There were a couple of "firsts" on this ride. The ride was good up until around mile 95 when I became dehydrated and my quads were cramping. This was the first time I have ever cramped on the bike so I knew I must be really dehydrated. I basically "hit the wall" at this point. I think I scared Karen because she kept telling me, "I'm coming back to get you, I've never seen you like that before." Of course I told her, "NO YOU ARE NOT, I'M FINE!!" Around mile 105 (even though we only had 7 miles to go), we stopped at a convenient store to get something cold to drink. We went inside the air conditioned store, got our cold drinks and sat down on the floor inside the store. Yes, we sat on the floor in a convenient store. It was that hot. That is definitely a first. YUCK!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment