Sunday, September 13, 2009

Beach Blast Triathlon

On a whim, Karen and I decided on Thursday to sign up for Beach Blast Triathlon in Mexico Beach. Well I should say Karen decided to do the race and convinced me to also do it. Since this week was our biggest training week to date for Ironman, this race would just be a training day. We decided we would do the swim together, stay in view of one another on the bike (no drafting allowed) and run together. Race conditions were not good as it rained the entire race. Since Karen is a better swimmer than me she basically floated around, doggie paddled, and talked to me while I swam as hard as I could. Yes, she talked to me during the swim. For those of you who know Karen well, you know she cannot be quiet for any period of time. So the swim was actually pretty funny. I never thought I would laugh so much during a race swim which didn't help my pace!! We backed it down on the bike and the run knowing we have another big week of training ahead of us. We absolutely did not race this race and still took 2nd and 3rd in our age group.

No comments:

Post a Comment