Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ahhh...Sleeping In (my car)

My daughter, Lauren, is a competitive swimmer. She has practice everyday after school and three mornings a week before school at 5:30am. Since I take her to practice that early I also swim at that time. Somehow I convinced Robin, Michelle, and Karen to swim at that time also. So every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday we are at the pool at 5:30am. Today (after our Monday 122 mile bike and Tuesday 18 mile run) I really, really wanted to sleep in but Lauren had to go to practice. After our Tuesday run, the four of us all said, "See ya at the pool at 5:30 tomorrow morning." When I got to the pool this morning, I dropped Lauren off and then went to park. I noticed I had three text messages on my phone. So I reclined my seat in my car to read the texts. One message from Robin, one from Michelle, and one from Karen all basically saying, "Bailing on swim, need sleep, will swim later in the day." I sat in my car thinking I don't want to do this, I'm tired, and I can't believe all three of those girls bailed on me. The next thing I knew my phone was buzzing in my lap. It was 7:15 and Lauren wanted to know where I was. Yes, I FELL ASLEEP in my car. For those of you that know me, I don't easily nap or fall asleep EVER!!!! It even takes me a long time to go to sleep at night. So I slept from 5:30 am to 7:15 am in my car in the parking lot at the pool. And I didn't hear a thing. No cars, no one getting in their car, absolutely nothing. I think that's a true indicator that I NEED MORE REST!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment